“I keep myself content by doing lots of different stuff and make sure that my next role is completely different to the last. I just enjoy the versatility of it, the challenge of doing lots of different things. It keeps the job interesting.”
So … I had every intention of doing a post today about how great it felt to jump into edits for MINE TO LOVE last Monday. About how rejuvenating it was to take two weeks off and return to my desk with a (slightly) less emotional heart and (much) more objective viewpoint. About how it’s been a joy to visit with my book-babies again. About how much fun I’m having posting a sentence from the manuscript on Facebook each day. About how different the process is this time around, how willing I am to immediately cut words if they aren’t absolutely necessary to the story. About how the lessons I learned while revising DEAR ELLIE have already come into play.
And then I spent five and a half hours straight practically glued to the computer today – the most successful editing day yet, but also one that made my eyes bleary and my neck/back/shoulders feel like an elephant had been sitting on them. So, instead, I’m going to do this fun Versatile Blogger post. I was tagged by Sylvia, Heather, and Tuere – thanks, ladies! – and am passing it along to all of you. Tell me something random about yourself in the comments, or post seven facts on your blog and include a link. Please? (Or, as my MC’s little girl Ellie would say, “Pretty please with a cherry on top?)
1. Forget about Disney World – in my eyes, Ventnor, NJ will always be the happiest place on earth. We spent time there every summer when I was a kid, and though we vacation in other shore towns now, Ventnor will always have my heart.
2. Speaking of Disney, I might be the only twenty-eight year old who’s never been there. I know, I know, there’s just something not right about that. Savannah, GA is the farthest south I’ve ever been. Hopefully that’ll change sometime soon.
3. As of August 16th, I’ll have seen Kelly Clarkson in concert fifteen times since she won Idol back in 2002. You could say that I’m a dedicated fan. :)
4. I have a list of potential names for my future children, even though their father (whoever he is) appears to be hanging out on another planet these days. Come on already, Prince Charming. I’m ready to meet you now.
5. My senior thesis in college (“Journalistic Objectivity versus Patriotism in Times of War”) only had to be thirty pages long. It turned out to be fifty-nine. You’re all shell-shocked, I’m sure.
6. I’m currently obsessed with China Glaze nail polish. It’s like the stuff is completely chip-resistant.
7. Give me an afternoon to spend in any store and I’ll almost always choose Barnes and Noble. I am determined to see my books on the shelf there one day.
Your turn! Share a random fact or two!