“Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can – there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.”
1. Spending countless hours working on a laptop can eventually cause your neck muscles to become inflamed. Dominant side (right, in my case) + unwittingly tilting your head at a certain angle while on the computer x many years = lopsided muscles (aka, one side is thicker than the other). My doctor recommended physical therapy for it, so fingers crossed that works. And who says writers don’t incur occupational hazards? ;-)
2. Yogurtland is amazing not only because they have white chocolate Ghirardelli chips as a topping, but also because they have the best flavor ever: Peppermint Hot Cocoa. If you have a Yogurtland anywhere near you, go try this fabulousness. You’ll be glad you did.
3. It is impossible to put eye drops in your own eyes – at least if you’re as squeamish about that kind of thing as I am. Thank goodness for people who offer to help.
4. Wrapping holiday gifts while listening to festive music never gets old. Ever. Cannot wait for the start of Hanukkah tomorrow night and for all the warmth, light, and joy it sends twinkling through the air.
5. Knowing that you’re going to exceed a goal is an incredible feeling. When I first began editing Mine to Love, I hoped to get the manuscript under 110,000 words. With six and a half chapters left to revise, I’m only a few hundred words away. For the first time ever, I’m going to have a book that’s shorter than the goal. This excites me more than it probably should.
How about you? What’s one thing you’ve learned this week?