“If you want to know where your heart is, look to where your mind goes when it wanders.”
1. Seeing Les Miserables for the first time is quite an experience. Seeing it from the second row at the Academy of Music, one of the most beautiful buildings in all of Philadelphia, makes the experience even more fabulous. So many kudos to the amazing cast and crew of the touring company. They did a phenomenal job. (Also: “On My Own” has now been running on constant repeat in my head since yesterday afternoon.)
2. Whoever came up with the idea for antibacterial hand sanitizer is a genius. I cannot even begin to count how many times I’ve used it this past week. New favorites from Bath & Body Works: Iced Gingerbread, Vanilla Buttercream, and Paris Amour. Such pretty scents to go along with the germ-fighting.
3. As of last Friday evening, my query letter and synopsis are both finished(!!). I’m working on my agent database for the next couple days, and then it’s time to jump back onto the emotional roller-coaster also known as querying. I’d be lying if I said I’m not nervous – for some reason, the process just feels even more important and electrifying with this novel – but I’m excited, too. It’s been a joy to send the book out to a few readers, and I can’t wait to see what agents think.
4. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are beyond awesome. Can they please host every awards show from now on, even the ones that have nothing to do with television?
5. There is nothing better than a flash of writing inspiration. I haven’t begun any official planning for my next book – wanted to focus on getting the first Mine to Love queries out there first – but even so, ideas have been flying into my head and I’ve been rushing to put them to paper (well … computer). So, so excited to start fleshing out this manuscript even more in the days and weeks ahead.
Your turn: tell me something that’s on your mind today!